Discovery call: The ideal starting point
Making a decision on starting the project of Extension, Renovation or Build of your home sometimes is just about knowing where to start and our Discovery Calls service is here to assist with that.
We are helping people answering questions that matter, like:
- What is the Ideal Starting Point for you?
- How well is your home?
- Looking to extend, how to analyse your home to make the most of a change?
- How to avoid the pitfalls when construction starts
Being a Registered Architects Office we are providing you with advice and guidance that will lead you through the process saving you time and money.
Wealth of experience and knowledge is only one call away!
Avail of all benefits of a personal consultation during 1 hour long online Discovery Call.
All you need to do is to pick a date on our online calendar and book the best time for yourself after which you will receive a link for the Zoom call to join in at the scheduled hour.
Discover your best planning option with Discovery Calls!
What are the requirements?
The more input you give us, the better advice we’ll be able to give in order to meet your requirements, and so please have the following documentation ready if possible:
- Brief Description – knowing what you want is sometimes half of a job done
- (i.e. do you want/need an extension for an extra bedroom with en-suite bathroom; a new garage; just a bedroom, etc.; any special facilities for those with disabilities?
- General Site Dimensions – dimensions and approximate area for the proposed development
- this is especially important if project is for building work in back and/or side gardens
- Budget – please include VAT, fees, furniture and landscaping if applicable
- Having a rough idea of the financial resources available takes the stress around money out of the equation when it comes to planning your project
- Ordnance Survey Map (OS Map)
- known as Lease Map or Site Location Map
- Photographs – photos of elevations of your house (front and rear) and adjoining houses
- We all know it – “A picture is worth a thousand words.”
- Planning Permission – has the dwelling obtained one or has it been previously extended?
- Any other information available – please advise on anything relative to similar building works carried out in the immediate area if possible.
What to expect from this call?
General advice on how things work when around building projects:
- What are architect’s fees and services;
- What are the building costs (including VAT);
- What are the best building materials likely to be used;
- What are planning requirements of Exempted Development from Planning;
- What are the documents that will be needed for planning, tenders and building contracts?
We are looking forward to our future discussions!